There are so many reasons to join us…
- Reliable transportation.
- Complete a formal background check.
- Food handler certificate
- General Liability Insurance (~$25.00 a month).
- Love cooking and entertaining (3 to 5+ years of commercial cooking in a fast-paced environment preferred)
- Expert knowledge of food handling and safety.
- Have the flexibility to work hours at your own pace.
- Have a professional and polished appearance.
- Have great communication skills and loves interacting with new people.
What you’ll do:
- Provide high-quality food, while being efficient. Deliver great experiences to our members, and practice time management skills.
- Use our platform to select engagements based on your availability and location.
- Set up, cook, serve, and clean.
- Be the star of every engagement!
- Own your schedule – Say goodbye to rigid schedules and crazy shift times.
- You are the culinary lead -You are the culinary expert who will execute on the menu items and can contribute to the creation of future menu items.
- You are working for yourself – Enjoy the freedom of creating your own schedule and selecting customer engagements.
- Weekly payouts
- 100% of gratuity
- You will have tremendous support from our internal teams. Whatever you need! When you need it!
Have questions? We have answers.
If you are passionate about cooking and delivering exceptional dining experiences, working with Select Chef could be a great idea. Do you enjoy being around people and seeing others enjoy your food? Select Chef could be a great entry into a career as a personal chef or a way for professional chefs and caterers to supplement their businesses in slower event seasons.
Well, that depends on a couple of different factors. Payouts are largely based on the number of guests scheduled for your engagement. So, the more people the larger the payout. Having the ability to execute dishes in a timely manner can make a huge difference in your earning potential. 100% of gratuity goes directly to the chef. If you have availability during peak hours (dinner time and weekends) you will put yourself in the best situation to maximize your earning potential.
Great question! The basic requirements include reliable transportation, insurance, an approved background check, and a food handler certificate.
You! For starters, we are not a food delivery service. Traditional delivery services are not focused on providing authentic and fine dining experiences like we are. We give our Chefs the platform to be the star of every engagement. Think of it like your very own restaurant and you are the Head/Executive Chef.
You! For starters, we are not a food delivery service. Traditional delivery services are not focused on providing authentic and fine dining experiences like we are. We give our Chefs the platform to be the star of every experience. Think of it like your very own restaurant and you are the Head/Executive Chef.
Payments will be made on a weekly basis through ACH direct deposit. Gratuity can be given to the chef in person or may be included in the weekly ACH direct deposit if the member elects to pay gratuity through the website. 100% of gratuity goes directly to the chef.
You can start by submitting the online form under “Become a Chef”. A member of our Talent Team will get in touch with you regarding the next steps.
I’m on my way to an engagement and something crazy happened (flat tire, emergency, traffic, etc.) what do I do?
Yikes! If you are experiencing any obstacles that will slow you down or stop you from showing up to an engagement, let us know ASAP. Call or text us at (469) 817-9688 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. First, we need to know that you are safe (our top priority). Second, we want to put our heads together to find a solution for you and the member quickly.
The Member asked me to do something I am not required to do according to my independent contractor agreement with Select Chef:
If your host has requested a task outside of creating, preparing, serving menu items, and cleaning the workspace; kindly tell them you wish you could but due to your agreement with Select Chef you are unable to perform any task outside of your agreement with Select Chef.
Absolutely not. We treat others with love and respect and the same goes for our members to our chefs. If you experience anything outside your personal comfort zone, turn off the stove, calmly go to your car, lock the doors, and call us at (469) 817-9688 or email us at email@example.com immediately so we can help you deal with or exit the situation. The safety of our chefs is our top priority.
Select Chef utilizes Checkr to perform all Chef background checks. All applicants are required to complete a background check authorization to participate with Select Chef.
Up to 10 business days, sometimes a little sooner.
Absolutely, you can check the status of your background check in real-time using the Checkr applicant portal.